MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Requires 2 month minimum time commitment
The Business Development intern will work with the MKS2 Business Development team, developing and working on a variety of problems/projects of deep, diverse complexity and scope, exercising independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify/select a technology solution. This position requires an acute understanding of both the technology and business objectives of the customer account to enable the delivery of solutions that will in turn contribute to the success of existing accounts and the acceleration of new customer volume.
The intern must demonstrate strong appreciation in multiple areas including – Systems Engineering, Cybersecurity, IT Infrastructure, Operations and Maintenance, and Project Management.
- Work within the Innovation team to develop and refine MKS2’s technology offerings and company best practices.
- Contribute to Growth activities by collaborating with business development and capture resources during pre-sales to prospective clients, as well as providing solutioning and proposal development support for specific opportunities.
- Select the most appropriate technology for a problem, that balances the architectural concerns of the project with the concerns of the enterprise.
- Design technical solutions that meet the customer need, and clearly articulate these technical concepts and their value proposition to the customer (through written proposals or oral presentations).
- Develop opportunity-specific Basis of Estimates, identify appropriate labor categories and associated level of effort, product/commodity pricing and Bill of Materials Offer insight on successes and failures relative to the customer's industry and/or objectives, and provide solutions based on the MKS2 solution portfolio.
- Exposure in one or more technical areas – software development, networking, cyber, cloud administration, data warehouse, etc. Some exposure to emerging technologies is required (i.e. RPA, ZeroTrust, Quantum Computing, AI/ML, blockchain, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Please take a look at our website to further your knowledge of MKS2 Technologies: https://www.mks2.com/what-we-do/
The MKS2 Business Development Internship will prepare the intern for real world scenarios in the business world. It will give them a great baseline for growth deliverables, production, and KPI metrics. This is a full immersive program that will prepare you for the next step in your career.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.