MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Career (Transition) Counselor
Pay rate: $31.12 per hour
The Career (Transition) Counselor is the SFL-TAP Center's principal provider of services to transitioning Service Members and their Family Members.
- Provide individual counseling for personal interaction enabling users to ask questions, seek clarification and obtain assistance resulting in an ITP.
- Schedule, set-up classroom, announce and plan local briefings; coordinate DOL Employment Workshops and VA Benefits Briefings as required to meet the needs of the Soldiers.
- Provide Transition Briefing which provides clients with required information regarding available transition services and eligibility requirements for transition benefits.
- Notify the eligible Soldiers of the required pre-separation counseling; conduct individual counseling.
- Develop an ITP; develop a résumé of choice (federal or private sector); discuss and develop individual transition goals.
- Learn about continuum of service.
- Provide follow-on counseling and assist in completing the deliverable for the Soldier’s gap analysis; identify, schedule, and conduct SFL TAP employment assistance workshops; as well as conduct regional outreach, pre-separation counseling and assistance.
- The Transition Counselor complies with the instructions of the Contract Installation Manager (CIM) to perform tasks in accordance with the PWS.
Travel may be required in order to accomplish mission goals to include evenings and weekends with the ability to use all modes of transportation, along with flexibility to work non-standard hours as needed in order to properly serve and assist clients.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s degree preferred in Training and Development, HR Management, Counseling, or related field and minimum 2 years career counseling, education, or related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree accepted with additional experience.
- Two years of experience in Military lifestyle through personal and/or professional experience with Military personnel and Military Family members highly desired, along with in-depth understanding about the Military culture and the Command structure.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting program evaluations and use of customer feedback to improve overall program effectiveness/impact highly desired.
- Applicants must successfully undergo a background investigation (National Agency Check).
- U.S. Citizen
- Individual must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills along with needs assessment, individual/small group training.
- Curriculum development experience is a plus.
- Military Veterans and Spouses encouraged.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.