MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
MKS2 is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, with experience in traditional infrastructure design; as well as strong scripting and automation skills in order to assist the team in the development of our infrastructure systems. The Infrastructure Engineer would be engaged in the design and architecture of the system and will interface both with Program IPT Management as well as team members in Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) to help develop the environment from requirements.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will support design, development, and implementation of traditional compute/network/storage systems for this effort. This includes getting familiar with existing operating systems and existing server hardware designs; in order to emulate what is needed for this new environment.
The Ideal candidate will be well versed in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) based environments, have a good understanding of traditional on premises infrastructure systems but also possesses skills related to modernization of these systems utilizing a Continuous Integration and Deployment approach integrating with common automation and containerization tool sets.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
• You will leverage company and industry best practices and capabilities to assist with design, development, implementation, and support of the on-premises infrastructure migration solution.
• You will support software deployment of templates, dashboards, and scripts to support program need for the migration efforts.
• You will Design, implement, generate code through scripting tools, test, document, and maintain the system.
• You will assist with development of build/test and integration, optimizing for performance and scalability across on-premise computing environments.
• You will provide guidance on resource allocation & utilization.
• You will assist engineers with tool usage and issues, leveraging standards and best practices.
• Comp TIA Security + within 90 days after starting in the role.
• U.S. citizenship and current TS/SCI with CI Poly security clearance is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
• Typically requires BS/BA Degree in Science, Technology Engineering Math (STEM) in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Physics and 5+ years of related work experience.
• Experience on premise RHEL Based infrastructure design.
• Experience with VMware and related tools.
• Experience in the integration and deployment of developed products to operational environments.
• Experience in SAN/NAS designs and implementation.
• Experience in Security and related Security patching/implementing STIGs.
• Experience in Network designs and implementation.
• Experience with the Agile development lifecycle.
• Understanding of DevOps/DevSecOps developments.
• Extensive Linux CLI development experience.
• Hands on experience implementing, and supporting Kubernetes environments.
• Broad experience developing automated infrastructure testing of large systems.
• Knowledge of Enterprise Application development and deployment processes.
• Prior experience implementing code / artifact control resources such as Git.
• Experience with SAFe agile processes
Salary: $140,000-$150,000 + PTO, Benefits, 401k match and more!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.