MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
The Principal Storage Engineer will be responsible for managing storage services in multiple environments as well as providing solutions for storage related issues. The candidate must be a strong troubleshooter with experience in storage issue mitigation as well as prevention. The candidate must be a self-starter, plan effectively to complete tasks, and communicate effectively. This position may require some on call support or occasional after-hours availability as required for installation and troubleshooting support.
The Principal Storage Engineer will primarily work in our Richardson TX. Location. The ideal candidate must be Local to the area and willing to drive into the Raytheon or customer sites to support Installation, integration and test activities as needed.
Note: Some travel (up to 25%) may be required to support program activities.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
• Experience designing and supporting advanced storage and virtualized infrastructure
• You will design/architect/develop and support Storage solutions optimizing for performance and scalability across multiple computing environments and platforms
• You will utilize your Linux skills at the command line to support & maintain storage configurations for storage devices, including SAN, NAS, and scale-out object storage
• You will maintain contact with vendors for hardware and software installation and troubleshooting
• You will work with System Administrators as well as other engineering personnel for implementation of storage configurations
• An Active TS/SCI security clearance is required prior to start date. U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
• Typically requires BS/BA Degree in Science, Technology Engineering Math (STEM) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or Physics and 8 years of related work experience
• Comp TIA Security + Certification within 90 days
• Experience designing, configuring, deploying, and supporting Network Attached Storage Systems (E.g. Dell, IBM, NetApp)
• Experience with fiber channel configurations on storage, fiber channel switches, tape libraries and servers, including multipath configurations
• Experience with enterprise backup architecture, emphasizing Cohesity of backup solutions
• Experience with Containerized storage solutions (E.g. PVC/OCP/Kubernetes)
• Experience with Linux System Administration (E.g. RHEL 6.0+)
• Experience with Agile Development Methodologies (E.g.: Scrum, SAFe)
• Experience with Cloud Application Platforms such as AWS
• Experience with VM provisioning (E.g. VMWare / Vsphere)
• Experience with scripting languages (E.g. Python, Java, Ruby, Bash)
• Experience integrating with identity management, access management, and authorization solutions (PKI, LDAP, OAUTH, OpenID)
• Experience with code repository systems (E.g. ClearCase, Bit Bucket)
• Experience using automation frameworks such as Ansible or Chef
• Experience conducting trade studies and analysis of competing technologies
• Experience with coordination across a diverse set of contractors and customer personnel for multiple site locations
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.