MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Position Description: Our client is currently seeking a Business Analysis Consultant to join an Enterprise Optimization practice. Our client delivers impactful, targeted results in Enterprise Optimization by providing consistently high-quality services, trusted advisor guidance and support to Federal leaders driving significant change initiatives and addressing performance improvement mandates.
The right individual will crush the day-to-day responsibilities, bringing a strong background in IT portfolio and investment funding request analysis. To succeed, the right person will possess the passion to ramp-up quickly, skillfully communicate and scale activities in developing insights, and meet and exceed professional expectations.
- Assess requests for IT capabilities and modifications with respect to cost, risk, importance and other criteria such as security, compliance with established guidelines and policies, technical and architecture adherence to published standards, identification of functionality duplication (stove pipes), epic, and functional / non-functional requirements enrichment.
- Use reports and data from ServiceNow and other workflow tools in preparing briefings, dashboards, and recommendations.
- Prepare executive level briefings that provide easy to understand data and fact-based insights on issues, options, and recommendations.
- Create and maintain SOPs to support requirements evaluation, coordination, and decision-making.
- Communicate thoughtful insights in formal and informal settings, as well as in written documents such as e-mail, white papers, presentations, and planning and reporting documents.
- Contribute and work-together in a diverse team in a highly interactive, collaborative environment with clients and delivery teammates.
- To succeed in the Business Analysis Consultant role, you must possess the passion to continuously learn about best practices, ramp-up quickly in multiple subject-matter areas, skillfully communicate and scale activities in selected areas for the benefit of the client, and always meet and exceed professional expectations.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and three or more years of consulting experience
- Experience in the public sector/Federal environment analyzing IT spending requests either as an employee or contractor
Relevant experience in most of the following:
- Shaping and analyzing data, understanding issues and developing recommendations
- Developing IT service or product roadmaps, including outcomes, milestones, and releases
- Performing Business Case Analysis including Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) in support of funding decisions for IT investments, cost analysis using Technology Business Management (TBM) concepts, and risk analysis consistent with OMB guidance
- Development and use of prioritization criteria in IT funding decisions
- Conducting organizational and/or strategy assessments and gap analyses
- Developing recommended metrics and indicators for performance monitoring
- Generating governance process documentation for use in and after decision meetings
- Benchmarking metrics and indicators against past performance and strategic goals and objectives
- Developing databases, dashboards, reports, and other performance reporting tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience in Federal IT Spending laws and relevant OMB guidance (e.g., OMB Circular A-11, Technology Business Management – TBM)
- Understanding of Objective & Key Results (OKRs) and other value measurement or goal setting methodologies
- Experience facilitating workshops or strategic planning sessions
- Demonstrated client relationship-building skills and capacity
Additional job information
Client Clearance Requirements:
- Must be able to pass a government Security Background Investigation
- This full-time position offers Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k match, Generous PTO, and additional Company Paid Benefits.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.