MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
We have an immediate opening for a Facility and Integration Team (FIT) Technician. The qualified candidate will support hardware development; build-out and in-plant integration activities in an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) environment. Some duties will include configuring and integrating Hardware Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) components and related peripheral devices within a raised floor (lab) environment, support related systems with hands on keyboard activities to integrate COTS products for the project’s needs.
Note: This position may require travel to customer sites for COTS integration and installation activities of up to 50% in some cases.
Location: On-Site, 8-5, Richardson, TX
Salary: $65,000-$75,000 w/ full benefits option
ACTIVE TS/SCI CLEARANCE REQUIRED
• You will leverage company and industry best practices and capabilities to assist with the movement, deployment, implementation, and support of COTS infrastructure solutions
• You will use your experience to install and configure COTS components and related products and integrate components within the factory or customer facility
• You will work with the team to configure and prepare COTS Items in preparation for delivery to customers in coordination with 3rd party organizations as needed
• You will support site hardware rack, component, and cable installation; document hardware audits; redline documents/drawings as necessary for the project
• You will perform system updates utilizing System Administration skills in a Linux environment
• A Current and active TS/SCI security clearance is required. U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
• Typically requires BS/BA Degree in Science, Technology Engineering Math (STEM) in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Physics and 2 years of related work experience; However, in related fields such as Military; utilizing hardware and / or software tools in similar situations will be considered
• Experience with COTS equipment integration including cabling, component installation, documentation, and integration of hardware COTS systems into a datacenter is a key skill required
• CompTIA Security + or ability to obtain within 90 days
• Experience with various hand and test tools such as: Basic Hand tools, Digital Volt Meters (DVMs) test and analysis tools, Hand Crimping tools for various cable and connector types
• Experience with programming or scripting languages (E.g. Python, Java, Ruby, Bash, C++, C#, Go)
• Experience with basic operating systems such as: Windows / Linux
• Experience with Microsoft Office Products: (Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Etc.)
• Experience with illustration software such as: Visio or AutoCAD
• Industry standard certifications such as: Data Center Certified Associate (DCCA) or Data Center Infrastructure Specialist (DCIS) for Datacenter component integration
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.