MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Pay: $125,000 – $150,000 w/ full benefits package
Location: Dallas, TX (Hybrid)
Duration: 1 year contract w/ extension/FT hire
The Dev Ops Engineer serves as an integral member of a national team responsible for supporting the core functions of the Credit Risk Management business line. This person provides data and/or reporting development services or technical support. The Dev Ops Engineer develops, tests, and maintains data and/or reporting solutions (Data warehouse/ Data lake etc., ) using tools and programming languages.
The Engineer works under the guidance of senior team members, operating under a clear framework of accountability with substantial autonomy. The successful candidate will develop a strong domain knowledge of the relevant business areas, managing key responsibilities such as requirement analysis, code, test, debug, document, implement and maintain data and/or analytics solutions.
• Design, deploy, and manage AWS infrastructure using best practices for scalability, availability, security, cost optimization, and operational excellence.
• Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines to facilitate smooth and efficient automated application deployment.
• Implement infrastructure-as-code using tools like CloudFormation or Terraform.
• Collaborate with development teams to integrate automated testing into the CI/CD process.
• Create and execute test automation scripts to validate application functionality and performance.
• Monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure and application issues, ensuring high availability and performance.
• Continuously improve and optimize the AWS infrastructure and deployment processes.
· Master's Degree.
· AWS Certification (Certified Developer or Solutions Architect)
-6+ years software development experience.
-2+ years of experience in Agile.
-2+ years of experience in deploying Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform solutions.
-2+ years of experience in deploying cloud-based solutions.
-2+ years of experience in deploying hybrid cloud-based solutions.-
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an Information Technology field, or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
• Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer, preferably with a focus on AWS.
• AWS certifications, such as AWS Certified DevOps Engineer or AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
• Proficiency in designing and managing AWS services such as EC2, ECS, S3, RDS, Lambda, VPC, Redshift, AWS glue, DMS etc.,
• Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
• Strong knowledge of CI/CD concepts and tools like Jenkins, GitLab, or AWS CodePipeline
• Knowledge of security best practices in AWS environments.
• Expertise in test automation frameworks and tools such as Selenium, JUnit, or Cypress
• Hands-on experience with infrastructure-as-code tools like CloudFormation or Terraform
• Familiarity with scripting languages like Python, Bash, or PowerShell
• Understanding of Agile development methodologies.
• Strong customer focus and business acumen
• Must be able to work in a team environment
• Ability to quickly learn and practically apply new concepts or principles which can be confirmed by prior experience
• Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
• Capable of adapting to changing requirements and responsibilities
• Other skills: problem solving, analysis, excellent communication skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.