MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Position Title: Senior Tool Instrumentation Engineer
Salary: $100,000-$110,000 with full benefits
Duration: TSS ITOPS – Current contract ends 9/2023 – likely to be extended
Location: Fully Remote
Work as a Tool Instrumentation Engineer on our team as we help the customer overcome their most difficult challenges in performance monitoring. Gather customer application data and diagrams, leverage expertise in recommending baseline monitoring thresholds, recommend performance monitoring KPIs and SLAs, and provide monitoring tool infrastructure recommendations. Employ expertise in performance monitoring tool alerts, dashboards, and data trend analysis in a monitoring tool. Use your customer service expertise to help manage tasks and organize large amounts of data to use for instrumentation into an enterprise monitoring solution. Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Provide on-the-job training to application POCs and event management. Develop and tweak documentation. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
- 10+ years of experience with integration engineering
- 3+ years of experience in at least 2 of the following tools: AppD, Dynatrace, Splunk ITSI, SolarWinds or ScienceLogic with installing agents, forwarders, APIs, performance monitoring tool alerts, dashboards, and data trend analysis in a monitoring tool
- 3+ years of experience with ServiceNow ITSM
- Experience with recommending baseline monitoring thresholds and performance monitoring KPIs and SLAs
- Experience with gathering and organizing large amounts of data to use for instrumentation into an Enterprise monitoring solution
- Experience with creating technical documentation.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust or Suitability/Fitness determination based on client requirements
- Ability to provide monitoring tool infrastructure recommendations
- Experience with the VA
- Experience with Splunk, SolarWinds or ScienceLogic a plus
- Experience with VA VistA
- Experience with the ServiceNow Visual Task Boards
- Experience in Agile and Scrum
- Ability to work with customers and manage schedules
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Public Trust
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.