MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Back-End Application Developer
Summary: HRUCKUS is seeking Back-End Application Developers for an onsite role in Herndon, VA, to be part of the Development Team for The Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) Information Management Services (GIMS) System, which operates on multiple security levels and combines free and open source (FOSS) and commercial off the shelf (COTS) software and hardware with a custom-built application to meet critical mission objectives.
As a member of the Development Team, the selected individual will be required to provide critical capabilities to help enable efficient and timely GEOINT collection management across multiple collection providers as a part of an Agile SCRUM team. The successful candidate is knowledgeable in numerous development tools and technologies. This position requires TS clearance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, conducting, and coordinating agile software development activities.
- Designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to critical mission issues.
- Applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Applying knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software.
- Correcting program errors, compiling documentation of program development, and analyzing system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
- Ensuring software standards are defined and met.
- Java development experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot and navigate multiple operating system environments including LINUX/Windows.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Proven experience in COTS/FOSS integration and support.
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies.
An active DoD-issued top-secret clearance with a current background investigation.
- Experience with big data technologies, including Data Ingest (JSON, Kafka, Microservices, Elastic Search), Analytics (HIVE, SPARK, R, PIG, OOZIE workflows), Elasticsearch, Hadoop (HIVE data, OOZIE, Spark, PIG, IMPALA, HUE), COTS Integration (Knowi, MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL RDS, Elastic, Logstash, Kibana, Zookeeper, Consul, HADOOP/HDFS), Docker and Chef, preferred.
Must have skills:
- 3-5 years of Java experience.
- COTS/FOSS integration and support experience.
Nice to have skill: 3 years of Kubernetes experience.
Language: English (native or bilingual proficiency).
Salary: $120K-180K (direct hire with Cinteot).
Location: on-site in Herndon, VA, supporting the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) GEOINT Repository for Needs (GRFN) contract.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.