MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Salary: $50,000, plus benefits (full benefits, 6 federal holidays, 7 days PTO)
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8-hour days. Overtime is available with supervisor’s approval. This is a one-year contract position. Full-time employment may be available based on performance and contract availability.
Location: work is completed on-site at the Transmission Operations Center in Cayce, SC.
The Drafting Group is responsible for producing drawings and data that depict the physical transmission and distribution substation infrastructure, as well as the engineering parameters that support their design. This is a support role that operates under limited supervision. This position will use AutoCAD to develop structural and electrical drawings needed to build electric substations.
- This role creates, revises, and maintains documentation including circuit prints, station, and standard drawings, maps, and charts.
- Prepares, maintains, and updates circuit and one-line diagrams, prints, and charts.
- Works with other department personnel to obtain and verify information needed to produce detailed drawings from designer and engineer sketches for circuit drawings and one-lines.
- Creates and updates drawings manually and using a computer-aided drafting system.
- Maintains computer-aided drafting system in operational condition.
- Performs freehand and mechanical pencil and ink lettering for drawings, posters, and prints.
- Retrieves and issues original drawings from records management and reproduces maps.
- Drafts and performs simple design functions for mechanical, electrical, or civil construction drawings. Advises and assists in training less experienced personnel.
- Maintains inventory of drafting materials.
- Works with Private Personal Information, Company Sensitive Information, and Credit Sensitive Information.
Education and certifications/licensures required:
- Must have a certificate in AutoCAD.
- Must have an associate degree in a technical field with an emphasis on computer-aided design applications such as AutoCAD
Top “must have” skill:
AutoCAD drafting experience
Top “nice to have” skills:
- Experience with AutoCAD 2020
- The ability to produce drawings from designer notes and sketches
- Electrical Technician background
Required soft skills:
- Demonstrated proficiency with a computer and associated drafting software, such as Windows and AutoCAD, as well as the use of electronic drafting tools.
- Must be able to collaborate with varied disciplines both internally and externally as well as operate within the company's team environment. This requires working closely with designers and other draftspersons to produce engineering drawings.
Ideal Background: Experience in structural and/or electrical AutoCAD drafting.
Background check and drug testing are required.
Interview process: interview will be completed virtually.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.