MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Job Title: Sr. Principal Systems Engineer – Command and Control (C2)
Location: Aurora, CO (Denver area) campus
Pay: $150,000 – $170,000 w/ benefits package
Security Clearance Requirement: Active Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Security Clearance is required. U.S. citizenship is mandatory due to security clearance eligibility.
We're offering a remarkable opportunity for a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer specializing in Command and Control (C2). In this role, you'll collaborate with the C2 Chief Engineer and have the potential to grow into the Chief role. As the C2 Component Chief Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in C2 component system engineering and architecture. Your responsibilities will include providing technical guidance, clarifying requirements and designs, reviewing and approving capability enhancements, and supporting critical program events.
- Lead large engineering teams and demonstrate a strong track record in requirements and Interface Control Documents (ICDs).
- Architect solutions and effectively communicate with cross-functional teams.
- Design and implement command and control services, including Front End Processors (FEPs) and history services, with a user-centric approach.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, including negotiations with stakeholders such as Raytheon senior management, customers, and major subcontractors.
- Understand software development processes and enterprise testing, applying them to programs.
- Quickly engage with ongoing technical and management efforts.
- Thrive in an Agile and DevOps development environment.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships across all levels of the organization, including Government customers, IPT leadership, and support organizations.
- Utilize Microsoft Office suite tools, such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Hold a current TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- Expertise in change management, bidding, and proposal generation.
- Familiarity with business and project management tools and procedures, such as IPDS, EVMS, Risk Management, Financial Forecasts, and EAC.
- A background in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is preferred.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in Technology, Engineering, or a related Technical field with a minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent, unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be part of an Enterprise-level satellite command and control system that leverages cutting-edge DevOps processes and cloud architecture. If you are a highly experienced systems engineer with strong leadership skills and are looking for a challenging position with the potential for career advancement, we encourage you to apply.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.