MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer – Command and Control (C2) Component Engineer
Location: Aurora, CO Campus
Pay: $140,000 – $150,000 w/ benefits package
Job Type: Contract or Contract to Hire
Security Clearance Requirement: Active Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Security Clearance is required. U.S. citizenship is mandatory due to security clearance eligibility.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team as a Command and Control (C2) Component Engineer. In this role, you will work closely with the C2 Chief Engineer to support the engineering responsibilities of the program. This position offers the potential for career growth, including the possibility of assuming the Chief Engineer role.
- Take ownership of C2 component system engineering and architecture.
- Provide clear technical guidance and clarification of requirements and design to the program team.
- Review and approve capability and feature elaborations, as well as acceptance events and closures.
- Support technical interchange meetings with Program Management and the Customer.
- Act as the organization's representative for matters related to C2 component development.
- Prioritize the C2 component Deficiency Report (DR) backlog.
- Offer insights on C2 component impacts for change management.
- Proficiency in requirements and Interface Control Documents (ICDs).
- Experience in software design solutions.
- Expertise in designing and implementing command and control services, including Front End Processors (FEPs) and history services with a user-centric approach.
- Strong communication skills to convey status, issues, and resolution plans to stakeholders, including senior management, customers, and subcontractors.
- Familiarity with software development processes, enterprise testing, and their applications in programs.
- Experience in an Agile and DevOps development environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of the organization, including Government customers, IPT leadership, and support organizations.
- Experience in change management, bidding, and proposal generation.
- Knowledge of business and project management tools and procedures (e.g., IPDS, EVMS, Risk Management, Financial Forecasts, and EAC).
- Preferred educational background: Bachelor's Degree in Technology, Engineering, or a related Technical field with a minimum of 5+ years' relevant experience or equivalent, or an Advanced Degree in Technology, Engineering, or a related Technical field with a minimum of 3+ years' relevant experience.
This job opportunity offers a dynamic environment working on an Enterprise-level satellite command and control system with a focus on DevOps processes and cloud architecture. If you are a systems engineer with a passion for C2 component engineering and are looking for a challenging role with career growth potential, we encourage you to apply.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.