MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Executive Summary: Seeking a highly skilled and experienced Infrastructure Security Engineer to join our client’s team including Firewalls and Network – Next-Gen Firewall, Routing and Defensive Security, DNS, DDOS: design, implementation, configuration, optimization, and troubleshooting. Role will be supporting the Department of Sanitation in Brooklyn, NY.
The ideal candidate should possess a strong background in the field of networking, network security, and firewalls, including hands-on experience with Palo Alto, Checkpoint, and Cisco firewalls.
- Participate in design meetings and reviews from a security and network perspective on assigned priority projects.
- Propose networking security architecture to meet the business requirements and while adhering to OTI's best practices guidelines.
- Collaborate with OTI's Architect teams to develop operable solutions for Citywide requirements.
- Complete all requirements for installing new network or firewall devices.
- Follow the OTI process for new device provisioning of integrated systems.
- Configure ports, configure firewalls and apply the base template configurations, and integrate the appliances into the production network.
- Develop and validate base configurations for operational use.
- Create and review method-of-procedure for the change to be executed during the approved change window.
- Open TAC cases as needed and identify root causes.
- Review and implement network optimizations, network resilience, and network failover testing as directed.
- Develop a plan and strategy for complex network upgrades.
- Complete any additional tasks assigned by the manager.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the field of networking, network security, and firewalls.
- Must have hands-on experience with Palo Alto, Checkpoint, and Cisco firewalls.
- Deep understanding and experience of DNS, NTP, BGP, and other critical infrastructure protocols.
- Must understand BGP, MPLS, OSPF, and IS-IS routing protocols in a large environment.
- Deep understanding of routing, load balancing, and networking infrastructure.
Position Skills Desired:
- Hands-on experience in Cisco and Palo Alto firewall technology.
- Additional experience in the field of load balancing.
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects.
- Work Location: 2 Metrotech, Brooklyn, NY 11201
- 100% ONSITE
- Scheduled Work Hours: 35 hours/week
- Salary – $60-75/hour – benefits included
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.