MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The individual in this position will provide technical support for the applications used by Information Technology and Corporate Services groups at Dominion Energy, as well as assist with support within the team’s portfolio across a wide variety of applications and technologies. The selected candidate must be well versed in all phases of applications systems analysis.
• Conducts system design and business information flow studies
• Recommends appropriate computer platforms, workstations, security devices and communication protocols required to support specific related business processes and information flow
• Develops technical specifications, system use cases, and wireframes. Conducts unit, system, and integration testing
• Support of applications and infrastructure in both Windows and Linux environments.
• Responsible for working in multi-platform server environments on multi-project assignments.
• Maintains and manages defects list, remediation, and testing.
• 5+ years experience in developing conceptual and detail design for application software, technical analysis/documentation, development of use cases/scenarios, application change management and application testing is required
• Experience working with the following technologies: Windows/IIS servers, Citrix, WebLogic, Oracle and SQL Server databases, MS Access, RedHat Linux, FTP/SFTP, XML, HTML, Web services, Distributed Computing, Active Directory
• Proficient in supporting batch data loads and application interfaces
• Proficient in installing and upgrading vendor products in Linux and Windows environments
• Prior success working with third party vendor support centers
• Experience supporting firewall protected applications
• Some experience with Kubernetes Clusters and Postgres databases would be preferred
Bachelor’s degree or other education in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent technical experience.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.