MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer with an active TS/SCI Clearance in Dulles, VA.
Pay Rate: $160,000 – $180,000 (based on qualifications) w/ full benefits package.
In this role, you will design, develop, and test Java code in a Linux, Agile, DevOps environment. We are at the forefront of aerospace and defense technology. Our Satellite Ground Systems Team plays a pivotal role in ensuring communication, surveillance, and defense capabilities through cutting-edge satellite systems. We invite you to be part of a team that pushes the boundaries of what's possible.
The Principal Java Software Engineer will design, develop, and maintain advanced software applications for our Satellite Ground Systems. This role involves close collaboration with systems engineers, hardware designers, and other software engineers to deliver reliable and high-performance software solutions. Other responsibilities to anticipate may include:
- Design, implement, and test Java-based applications and software components for satellite ground systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define software requirements and specifications.
- Work with previously written code and make modifications as necessary.
- Ensure software performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Participate in software design reviews, code reviews, and system integration activities.
- Be a team player incorporating a team-based success philosophy.
- Contribute to the completion of program and project milestones under the specific guidance of their immediate supervisor.
- Follow established Software processes and procedures, development, documentation and maintenance/management of operations concepts, requirements (system, element, segment level), external and internal interfaces, and other software engineering work products/artifacts.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in Java and satellite technology to drive innovation.
- Typically requires Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and Eight (8) years of software engineering experience.
- Eight (8) years of experience in object-oriented software design and development using Java in a Linux environment and using unit testing tools (e.g., JUnit)
- Software and system-level debugging experience including the ability to identify problems in established code and make modifications as necessary.
- Experience in scripting languages such as Perl and Python.
- Experience in an Agile/DevOps environment
- Experience with Ansible, Jenkins, containers, and the Spring Framework
- Security+ certification
- Experience using the Atlassian tool suite.
- Experience with satellite communication systems and protocols is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with secure coding practices, especially in a defense or aerospace setting.
- Master’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
What We can Offer You:
- Work/Life Balance
- Our team puts a high value on work-life balance understanding its importance to overall wellbeing and productivity.
- Mentorship & Career Growth
- Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we are developing an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring.
- We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on roles that are more complex in the future.
- Inclusive Team Culture
- We embrace and respect our differences. Diverse backgrounds, experiences, and views benefit our environment and problem solving, ultimately leading to greater success across the business. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion and continually striving for a more collaborative, respectful, and equitable workplace. We have nine employee-led Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), reaching 181,000 employees globally.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.