MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Salary: $175,000, plus benefits
Location: On-site in Herndon, VA
We are seeking database specialists to support the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and be a part of the Development Team for The GEOINT Information Management Services (GIMS) system, which operates on multiple security levels and combines FOSS/COTS software/hardware with a custom-built application to meet critical mission objectives.
We are looking to fill multiple positions with three specializations: DevSecOps, Front-End, and Full-Stack. Applicants must have a current TS/SCI clearance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, build, analyze, evaluate, and install database management systems, including database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation, and configuration management.
- Use data mapping, mining, and transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases.
- Determine data storage and optimum storage requirements.
- Prepare system requirements, source analysis, process analyses, and design throughout the database implementation.
- 3 years of experience in Domain Knowledge with NGA/Intelligence Community (IC) Systems
- 3 years of experience in Oracle and Postgres RDBMS
- Experience with data modeling tools
- Experience with Performance and Tuning of Oracle Database
- Ability to analyze data discrepancies and develop PL/SQL & SQL to correct discrepancies
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Must possess a current TS/SCI clearance
- 3 years of experience with Oracle Spatial & Materialized Views
- 3 years of experience with Oracle RAC 12c/11g
- Development perspective (database and application), PL/SQL, MS Windows Server, Linux, etc.
- Ability to analyze existing database schema DDL/instance layout and determine impacts migrating to new target schema/instance environment
- Ability to interact with Internal & External DBAs and help
- Experience with Online Transactional Processing (OLTP) design and architecture
- Experience with Data Warehouse concepts, design, and best practices
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse Facts, Dimensions, Aggregations, and Partitioning approaches
- Experience with storage systems architecture and performance
- Familiar with database security practices and technologies
- Familiar with Oracle Label Security (OLS)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.