MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Our client is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer. The candidate will support the maintenance of a complex and highly visible Command & Control subsystem. You will work in a collaborative, interactive development environment, with an amazing team of highly skilled system and software engineers who are leading the industry in ground system solutions.
Location: Aurora, CO (On-Site)
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI U.S. Security Clearance
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
• Provide technical direction and clarification of requirements to software maintenance teams and test personnel.
• Perform system engineering analyses including trade studies, use case development, system and operational requirements, interface architecture and conops, and requirement/system validation.
• Support product team development, testing and user documentation.
• Attend technical interchange meetings with the team members and other program personnel and represents the organization in matters pertaining to the maintenance of his/her project.
• Provide status on assigned Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) tasks or Maintenance plans, as applicable.
• Provide document review and resolves technical systems engineering and integration issues.
• Support ECP efforts as required.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with all levels of program, customers, and technical leads (IPTs, chief engineers, architects)
• Experience in some or all systems engineering functions including operations concept development, System and product design, requirements management, technical risk management, interface definition and control
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and software configuration management
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
• Ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines
• Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
• Knowledge of discrepancy report systems and developing closure plans
• Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of tools (e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Experience in at least one of the following system engineering areas: architecture development, operations concept development, functional analysis, interface definition, and verification & validation for large software systems
• Experience utilizing discrepancy report systems.
• REQUIRED: Active and transferable U.S. government issued Top Secret/SCI security clearance is required prior to start date. U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
• Experience with systems engineering principles and activities.
• Enthusiastic & energetic performer able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, & high visibility environment
• Experience administering and managing documentation baselines
• Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal oversight
• Experience working in a Satellite Ground System develop mentor operations environment
• Experience with Satellite Command and Control or Mission Planning and Scheduling Operations
• Experience in integration, and/or verification and validation
• Experience with complex satellite ground systems, particularly previous deployment of developed systems to ground station operations
• Experience working in an Agile or DevOps development environment, being part of a highly integrated team working closely with SW, Integration and Verification teams
Preferred Education and Experience:
Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
On-Site Means they will be working at a facility.
Contractor or Contract to Hire.
Pay: $140,000 – $160,000 (negotiable upon qualifications)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.