MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Senior Systems Analyst
Salary: $118,000, plus benefits (insurance, holidays, PTO).
Hybrid schedule (on site every other week).
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week (8 am – 5 pm), no overtime or travel required, however, there is an opportunity for overtime with new software implementations, server patching, and support of production interruptions.
- Richmond, VA (Thomas F. Farrell Building at 600 Canal Street).
- Cayce, SC (Dominion Energy Headquarters Building C).
- Salt Lake City, UT (specific location TBD).
- Works independently depending on the level of experience on the most complex projects, at the highest technical level, of all phases of applications systems analysis activities.
- Formulates or defines system scope and objectives, based on user needs.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems, considering computer capacity and limitations, operating time, and desired results.
- Works with multiple business units, in multi-platform environments, on multi-project assignments.
- Senior and Specialist level guides and advises less experienced Systems Analysts.
- Monitored on projects' progress and results. Errors may cause delay, expense, and disruption.
- May provide input in setting objectives and policy, identifying critical issues, and introducing new concepts.
- Makes decisions independently.
- Provides assistance, advice, and solutions to peers, customers, and co-workers.
- Identifies and implements better work alternatives and business processes.
- Conducts system design and business information flow studies.
- Develops technical specifications, system use cases, and wireframes.
- Conducts unit, system, and integration testing.
- Support of applications and infrastructure in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Responsible for working in multi-platform server environments on multi-project assignments.
- Maintains and manages defects list, remediation, and testing.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Mastery of the subject matter or diversified knowledge of principles and practice in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Able to handle the most complex work and all aspects of the job using wide knowledge of the field and mastery (advanced knowledge, skill, and/or abilities that provide subject matter authority and superior command) of the subject matter.
Education and certifications/licensures required: No licenses are required; however, candidate should have IT GIS experience.
Ideal background: IT GIS Electric and Gas Utility experience.
Top “must have” skills:
- Enterprise Esri Server Management (installations, configuration, and server administration).
- Knowledge and understanding of other enterprise technologies (storage, networking, security, RDBMS/ArcSDE (geodatabases)).
- ArcSDE skills (manage, performance tune, and set up of geodatabases).
- System-level troubleshooting (monitoring, optimization, troubleshooting web and desktop GIS solutions).
Top “nice to have” skills:
- Gas and Electric Utilities IT GIS experience.
- GIS/Esri experience.
Required soft skills:
- Team player.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Good time management skills.
- Stress management.
Interviews will be conducted via Teams with cameras on.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.