MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
This position will require U.S. Citizenship and an active DoD TS/SCI clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph is required.
The Senior Systems Administrator II Generalist supports the Information Technology (IT) Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Server team to provide enterprise-level, high-performance, highly available server technology solutions (systems, applications, and services) as the customer’s Enterprise IT Systems Applications, and services catalogs.
Under the guidance of the Principal Systems Administrator, the Senior SA primarily provides O&M support – installation, configuration, securing and hardening, testing, sustainment, upgrading, remediation, and decommissioning – as it relates to enterprise server-based solutions across the customer’s enterprise IT multi-platform (Microsoft, *nix, etc.) information systems varying in size and complexity (LAN, MAN, WAN, etc.)
Existing sever-based solutions include a variety of major technology vendors including, but not limited to, Citrix, Ersi, McAfee, Microsoft, Red Hat, ServiceNow, and SolarWinds. The majority of these enterprise managed services are hosted on enterprise Microsoft Windows Server platforms, but there are also Linux distributions as well. A wide and deep range of technical knowledge and experience, as well as technical aptitude and self-initiative to learn and grow, is strongly recommended for this position.
The Senior SA will support the mid-level internal escalation tier(s) for the Server O&M team providing troubleshooting support and guidance to assess and remediate challenges in the Server system, application, and services in a timely manner that arise.
The Senior SA contributes to the production and maintenance of documentation for the Server team’s solution system(s), sub-system(s), and component(s) deployed and in use in the Activity’s IT Solutions portfolio, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, processes and procedures, workflows, run books, and all other area of server system lifecycle planning.
- Shall have 5 or more years of hands-on experience providing O&M support of enterprise server operating systems (OSs) (Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, etc.) and server applications such as Active Directory (AD), exchange, file services, SQL server and SharePoint, etc. and services across multi-platform information systems varying in size and complexity (LAN, MAN, WAN, etc.).
- Shall have 3 or more years of personal and hands-on experience managing a complete Microsoft AD Domain and Forest functional level (DFL/FFL) of Windows Server 2008 R2, or higher to include, but not limited to, Domain Controllers, Global Catalogs, LDAP/S, Domain Naming Services and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). Additional knowledge with AD and/or working with newer DFL/FFL levels (i.e. Windows Server 2012 or higher) are a plus.
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience operating and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Requirements Guides (SRGs) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Familiarity with and/or experience leveraging industry and vendor provided product documentation and best practices to successfully deploy, operate, and maintain a variety of enterprise-level Microsoft-based applications (Exchange, IIS, SharePoint, SQL, etc.) and services (DFS,KMS, PKI, etc.) as well as major third-party software solutions within a production system, with focus on minimizing, and eliminating as possible, negative end-user impact and/or downtime.
- Familiarity with using Microsoft PowerShell to automate routine O&M duties and responsibilities is a plus.
- Shall meet the minimum credential requirements for a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) position as defined in Section 6, Table 3.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University; OR
- CompTIA Security+ ce; or
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC); or
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
Security Clearance Requirements:
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD TS/SCI clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph is required.
- Strongly desired to be Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2016 certified.
- Strongly desired to hold an associate level certification in a technical area such as VMWare Certified Technical Associate, Nutanix Certified Associate, NetApp Certified Technology Associate, Azure Fundamentals, or similar.
- Technical certification in other enterprise-level OSs, applications, and technologies such as Citrix, Cisco, Microsoft, Red Hat, Splunk, and SolarWinds are also a plus.
- Strongly desired to have experience working with newer core Microsoft enterprise server technologies to include AD, Windows 10, Windows server 2016, Microsoft SQL Server 2016, and Microsoft IIS 2016. Additional experience working with these products on the Windows Server Core offering is a plus.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of enterprise-grade IT solutions across the technology stack: physical, networking, storage, virtualization, servers, applications, and services.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using Microsoft Exchange in a dispersed configuration to minimize, if not eliminate, single points of failure in the server roles and service offerings, to maximize availability, reliability and resiliency. Experience working with Microsoft Exchange 2010 or newer is a plus.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using Microsoft SharePoint Server (MOSS) and Outlook Web Apps (OWA) to provide an enterprise platform to share and manage content, knowledge and applications to empower teamwork, quickly find information and seamlessly collaborate across the organization.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) for the purposes of conducting Microsoft Windows end-point baselining, inventorying, patching and updating, and software metering across a globally dispersed enterprise Wide Area Network (WAN). Experience configuring and/or building SCCM device collections, applications, deployment packages, and/or software groups is a plus.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using Microsoft AD Certificate services and generations is a plus.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using Microsoft Distributed File Services (DFS) Namespaces (DFS-N) and Replication (DFS-R) to provide domain-based common file services access, configuration, and protection, to include off-site replication of business and mission critical data.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using Microsoft Voice Activation Services, both AD-based activation (ADBA) and Key Management Services (KMS), for Windows OS and Microsoft office product offerings.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, Management for Optimized Virtual Environments (MOVE), and VirusScan Enterprise for Storage (VSES) for the purpose of satisfying IA/INFOSEC end-point anti-virus, threat, firewall, and web control is a plus.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using the SolarWinds Orion Platform (NPM, NTA, NCM, IPAM, UDT, NTM, DPA, SAM, etc.) for the purpose of enterprise-wide centralized entity performance, configuration, capacity, and availability monitoring is a plus.
- Familiarity with and/or experience providing server and/or desktop O&M support within Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) implementations are desired. Specific experience working with Citrix XenDesktop hosted offerings is a plus.
- Familiarity with IT Networking technologies, concepts, and approaches to routing and switching, TCP/IP, traffic analysis, packet capturing and analysis, and traffic flow is a plus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.