MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Our client is seeking a motivated System Engineer to support Front End Processor (FEP) development work for a classified program. In this role, you will work in a collaborative, iterative development environment with an amazing team of highly skilled System and Software engineers who are leading the industry in satellite ground system software development, integration, operations and sustainment for a next generation, cutting-edge satellite ground system.
Location: Aurora, CO
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI U.S. Security Clearance
Basic Qualifications/Responsibilities of an FEP Systems Engineer:
• Knowledge of systems engineering roles and functions, with specific experience in one or more of the following areas: satellite planning and scheduling, or command and control
• Experience with configuring software applications and integrating ground systems to support mission needs
• Background in COTS product installation, configuration and integration
• Background in configuring custom software to integrate with external sources
• Experience writing scripts to verify messages pass across interfaces-
• Ability to prepare and present status to stakeholders
• Understanding of Change Management processes
• Understanding of network fundamentals
• Thorough technical communications skills
• Development experience on a government contract
• Familiarity with Agile and DevSecOps development methods
• Experience working in a multi-discipline environment
Preferred Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience
OR 3 years of relevant experience with a Master's degree (Typically STEM focused – Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics)
On-Site Means you will be working at a facility.
Contractor or Contract to Hire.
Pay: $140,000 – $160,000
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.