MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Pay rate: $27.37
The Financial Planning Counselor is the SFL-TAP Center's principal provider of financial planning to transitioning Service Members and their Family Members. The specific duties of the SFL-TAP Financial Planning Counselor include but are not limited to:
• Provide financial planning workshops and individual financial counseling to meet the needs of transitioning Soldiers and Family Members prior to their transition from the Active Army or Reserve Components. Provide information on banking, debt management, health care, college saving plans, home ownership, budgeting, use of credit, insurance, investing, tax and estate planning, and other matters that impact the financial readiness of transitioning Soldiers/Families.
• Conduct 4-6-hour financial planning workshops using existing curriculum to groups of approximately 50 Soldiers and Family Members in connection with mandatory SFL-TAP VOW/CRS activities which includes a budget. Coordinate use of classroom, set-up of classroom, and provision of training materials,
• Regularly provide follow-up one-on-one financial counseling to clients who request assistance. During financial counseling, address the specific needs and interests of Soldiers and Family Members, including the evaluation of individual or family income and expenditures and recommendations for short- and long- term actions to achieve financial goals. Assist clients in managing complex financial issues, e.g., relocation, asset allocation, transition/retirement, eviction, garnishment, repossession, etc., and coordinate solutions with applicable military and civilian agencies.
• Prepare monthly reports describing all financial planning activities and record the number of transitioning Soldiers and Family Members attending workshops and individual sessions. Participate in workgroups with other financial planners.
• Assist CIM with delivering Commanders reports and notifying clients of eligibility to begin services while also notifying clients of missed requirements for VOW/CRS.
• Other duties: complete all mandatory Government training; safeguard PII; file records according to ARIMS; upload information into iPERMS (after training received from the Government); participate in sustainment training events as offered. Participate in marketing activities and employment events as directed by the CIM.
Education and Experience:
•Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college/university or a combination of education and experiences amounting to 1,000 hours of experience in financial counseling which qualify the applicant for employment as a personal financial counselor. Applicants are REQUIRED to possess and maintain at least ONE of the following; a nationally recognized and accredited Financial Counselor certification in accordance with DoDI 1342.22 (AFCPE), CFP Board – Certified Financial Planner, or Certified Personal Finance Counselor (fincert.org)
• Applicants must successfully undergo a background investigation (National Agency Check)
• U.S. Citizen
• Ability to manage client caseload, conducting group financial planning workshops and one-on-one financial counseling either face-to-face or virtually, generating training materials, maintains intensive problem solving skills, conducting individual budget preparation work, as well as the ability to schedule, coordinate, and set-up classroom including audio-visual requirements.
Rate: $27.37/hr with SCA Benefit
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.