MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
We are hiring for a dynamic Senior Network Engineer – Top Secret clearance for our Systems Engineering and Architecture Services (SEAS) Team to support our government customer based in Springfield, VA. This position is required to be onsite.
- The Senior Network Engineer provides subject matter expertise (SME) as well as architectural support for the technologies (systems, applications, and services) that make up the Activity's IT Networking enterprise architecture as a member of the Systems Engineering and Architecture Services (SEAS) team. Specifically, the Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for a variety of engineering and operational assignments related to the designing, deploying, and efficient and optimal operation of business critical enterprise and data center network environments across multiple sets of enterprise-level IT systems in support of the Activity's globally dispersed remote office/branch office (ROBO) and data center environments.
- The Senior Network Engineer will translate stakeholder and Government requirements into network solutions, modifications, and support upgrades (network reconfiguration, hardware and software acquisitions, installation, and testing). The Senior Network Engineer will also strive to understand the application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols in order to provide innovative and new ideas to solve complex engineering challenges.
- The Senior Network Engineer directly supports, and oversees the planning, development, and integration, and transition to operations and maintenance (O&M) supported by the network administration team. The Senior Network Engineer may assist the network administration team by providing subject matter expertise to rapidly assess and remediate challenges in the networking infrastructure. When issues, incidents, and/or problems arise, the Senior Network Engineer conducts Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and facilitates change requests to address challenges encountered by O&M teams.
- The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining documentation of the Networking system(s), sub-system(s), and component(s) in the Activity's IT networking portfolio, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, as well as all other area of server system life-cycle planning.
- The Senior Network Engineer consistenly explores, investigates, researches, analyzes, and accesses new technologies to modernize and improve upon exisiting Networking solutions.
- Shall be Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Enterprise and/or CCNP Data Center Certified.
- Shall have 7 or more years of progressive experience successfully leading the employment of network engineering techniques, methodologies, processes, and practices to design, engineer, implement, test, secure, and deliver a variety of enterprise-grade IT networking solutions (systems, applications, and/or services) across multi-platform (Microsoft, *nix, etc.) information systems (LAN, MAN, WAN, etc.).
- Shall have 7 or more years of progressive and increasingly complex experience working with enterprise-level Cisco hardware (Catalyst, Nexus, etc.), operating systems (IOS, NX-OS, ACI, etc.), and technologies (Voice, Video, Routing, Switching, Security, etc.) across enterprise-grade information systems and networks. This shall include a minimum of 5 or more years of experience working with enterprise-level Cisco-based Routing and Switching technologies (i.e., BGP, EIGRP, LACP, HSRP, OSPF, PC, QoS, STP, VPC, VRF).
- Shall have 5 or more years of demonstrated understanding and hands-on experience in the following networking concepts: network traffic flow analysis, network management, network topology design, network security, performance, high availability, load balancing, and fault tolerant architectures.
- Shall have 5 or more years of experience working with secure encrypted networking devices (e.g. Taclanes and Border Guards) and communication circuits, protocols, and configurations.
- Shall have 5 or more years of experience working with network-based security technologies, such as Next Generation Firewalls and Access Control Lists (ACLs) to secure network traffic at all supported layers of the OSI Reference Model.
- Shall have 5 or more years of experience designing, engineering, implementing, and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Requirement Guides (SRGs) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Demonstrated experience providing O&M support – installation, testing, validation, sustainment, upgrading, and decommissioning – as it relates to enterprise networking devices to include: switches, routers, firewalls, encryption devices, copper and fiber-based connectivity.
- Demonstrated experience leading and executing tasks in conjunction with diverse IT teams to successfully meet team objectives, goals, and deadlines as expected.
- Demonstrated experience performing advanced troubleshooting techniques, methodologies, processes, and practices to quickly identify and assess an issue, develop the strategy to resolve the issue, implement the resolution, and restore the degraded entity to an operational state all while maintaining concern for the original configuration and the overall Information Security (INFOSEC) posture of the environment.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and assessing networking systems and solutions proactively for performance degradation, and tuning and optimization opportunities.
- Shall meet the minimum credential requirements for a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) position as defined.
Travel Requirements: Business Travel requirements are approximately 15% annually to support critical business needs.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University; OR
- CompTIA Security+ ce; or
- CCNA Cisco Certified Network Professional; or
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC); or
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
Security Clearance Requirements:
This position will require U.S. Citizenship and an active DoD Top Secret SCI clearance and have the ability to obtain and maintain a Counterintelligece (CI) Polygraph.
- Strongly desired to hold advanced or expert level technical certifications such as the Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) in Enterprise Infrastructure, Data Center, Security, and/or Service Provider; or equivalents at the CCNP level.
- Technical certifications on other enterprise-level technologies, such as Juniper and Riverbed, are also a plus.
- Strong understanding of Cisco data center networking solutions, technologies, and best practices to support in the engineering, design, implementation, and management of modern data center infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of Cisco local and wide-area enterprise networking (LAN/WAN) solutions, technologies, and best practices to support in the engineering, design, implementation, and management of Remote Office/Branch office networking requirements as well as smaller purpose-built information systems.
- Strong understanding of Cisco networking security solutions, technologies, and best practices to support the secure implementation and sustainment of enterprise network devices in line with information assurance (IA) and security (INFOSEC) compliance, governance, and requirement. Personal experience working with Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances (ASA) and like products is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in networking engineering enterprise solutions to directly support a variety of high availability, fault tolerant, disaster recovery, and continuity of operations (COOP) scenarios.
- Demonstrated experience operating and maintaining the Riverbed SteelHead appliance product line to provide WAN Optimization and Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) throughout a globally dispersed WAN.
- Demonstated experience with operating and maintaining Juniper Firewalls to include device installation, setup and configuration, testing, and sustainment of firewall, proxy, and VPN rules.
- Demonstrated experience operating, tuning, and troubleshooting Cisco’s Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and TelePresence Management Suite (TMS) and TelePresence Videos Communications Server (VCS) to support enterprise Collaboration (i.e., Voice and Video) services across a WAN.
- Demonstrated experience working with software-based configuration management solutions capable of documenting, storing, and on-demand deployment of pre-generated, reviewed, and approved network-device configurations such as SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager (NCM).
- Demonstrated experience providing mentorship and On the Job Training (OJT) to junior and/or lesser experienced team members.
- Demonstrated experience working with advanced Cisco Data Center technologies such as the Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) and/or Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) to support Software Defined Networking (SDN), and Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), and Secure Multi-Tenancy enterprise solutions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.