MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Position has responsibility for conducting reviews of proposed electric transmission projects to determine environmental permitting requirements and obtaining environmental permits in Virginia and North Carolina. In general, the individual will be working with project managers to understand the scope of a project, then engaging with external consultants and directing the work of these consultants to create the permit applications and other deliverables, while managing the quality and timeliness of the vendor’s work.
• Coordinate with Dominion Energy Virginia project managers to understand the scope of new and replacement electric transmission projects and apply knowledge of environmental regulations to determine what, if any, environmental permits are required.
• Determine environmental permit applicability with specific knowledge of CWA Section 404/401, ESA Section 7, NHPA Section 106, Erosion and Sediment Control, and Virginia and North Carolina Stormwater Management Programs;
• With support from other vendors, prepare applications and secure environmental permits or clearances required for construction.
• Communicate environmental compliance requirements to project teams and field personnel. Depending on the project, communications may be held during project site meetings.
• Technical assistance to sites/projects for environmental compliance.
• Interpret environmental permits and regulations to ensure that compliance dates and requirements are met.
• Communicate with regulatory agency representatives, negotiate permit conditions, represent Dominion Energy during regulatory inspections, and other regulatory meetings.
• Oversight and technical direction of contractors and consultants including preparation of scopes of work, purchase requisitions, permit applications, permit support materials, and invoice approval.
• Adherence to Dominion Energy environmental policy, guidance, and work practices.
• Adherence to Dominion Energy safety rules and safety performance expectations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Minimum of 5 years work experience with environmental permitting.
• Experience with permits related to wetlands (including threatened and endangered species and cultural resource coordination), erosion and sediment control, and stormwater management.
• Regulatory agency experience or experience representing an organization with regulatory agencies is required.
• Experience with environmental permitting of linear utilities (gas, electric, water or sewer) is a plus.
• Experience overseeing consultants is a plus.
• Knowledge of environmental justice issues is a plus.
• Well organized, independent/self-directed, and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong communication (written and oral) and coordination skills.
• Good interpersonal skills and collaborative.
• License or ability to obtain a license to operate a motor vehicle is required.
• Ability to work in both office setting and at project sites is required.
• Ability to work outdoors in potential weather extremes (heat, cold) is required.
• Must be willing to undergo background check.
• Ability to travel to support projects in Dominion’s Energy’s electric transmission footprint in Virginia and North Carolina. Target may be as much as 25% depending on business need.
Does this person need Unescorted Nuclear Access?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.