MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Environmental Health & Safety Technician
Salary: $85,000 – $95,000
- EHS stands for Environmental, Health, and Safety. EHS Specialists are responsible for ensuring that their workplace is compliant with all applicable safety regulations. This includes conducting audits, developing safety plans, and training employees on proper safety procedures.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing and advising on risks arising from the workplace or work processes, recommending measures to eliminate or minimize and control the risks and implementing the measures.
- Work with a team of Health & Safety professionals to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations along with client requirements.
- Ensure Environmental Health & Safety vision, strategy and policies including T5FM’s Electrical Safety Work Program (ESWP) and ensure employee engagement for a successful implementation.
- Work within the EHS and ESW programs, analyze performance data, and adjust programs as needed to foster a culture of continuous improvements.
- EHS orientation, ongoing evaluation, and jobsite observations conducted.
- Ensure company initiatives including contract deliverables, traffic/vehicle and electrical safety, and health initiatives are running smoothly.
- Involvement in predictive risk analysis program to identify hazards and provide preventative actions to mitigate potential health and safety concerns.
- Implementing new health and safety protocols and measures to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Monitoring operational processes and employee activities.
- Generating assessment documentation, incident and accident reports, and health and safety manuals.
- Reporting to management, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Preparing and submitting health and safety compliance documents to the relevant organizations.
- Deploy safety, industrial hygiene, and environmental processes which demonstrate continuous improvement towards preventing accidents, eliminating hazards, and minimizing environmental impact.
- Conduct inspections, audits, and site reviews with clients and regulatory and security agencies at the local and state level.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
3+ years of EH&S compliance experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES
Thorough understanding of all relevant safety rules and regulations. Ability to comprehend and defend safety programs. Excellent organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.