MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Spathe Systems is seeking a Senior Instructional Systems Designer (ISD-SR) for the Joint Special Operations University (JSOU) mission in support of United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM).
Spathe Systems is a rapidly growing SOF led, 8(a) defense contractor headquartered in Tampa, FL with offices in Fayetteville, NC and strategic partner locations in Virginia Beach and Coronado. As a small business with a tight nit family feel, Spathe empowers its employees to solve problems and make decisions.
Clearance: SECRET clearance required
SPATHE is looking for a qualified person to support a multi-year contract with the Joint Special Operations University (JSOU) mission in support of USSOCOM. As the ISD-SR, provide the SPATHE Task Lead Instructional Systems Designer subject matter expertise that assists in the execution of JSOU’s educational support services with emphasis on military studies.
The candidate shall perform the following tasks:
- Coordinate, plan, and assist with all curriculum review boards. Collaborate with course managers and program directors to ensure course documentation and presentations to the boards meet current JSOU standards. Record discussion/decisions of the curriculum review board meetings and provide meeting minutes to appropriate chain of command
- Advise and assist the Instructor of Record (IOR) in the prescribed JSOU process for course development and current best practices utilized in the field of education
- Assist university faculty and staff in planning and facilitating workshops, conducting workshop hot washes, and producing reports including learning outcomes, scope, and sequence content
- Build timeline and determine level of effort needed for developing courses under review
- Assist IOR in determining learning outcomes and task learning relationships to ensure efficient and effective education program
- Collaborate with designated SMEs and utilize various educational theories/practices to create learning experiences that meet the needs of the students
- Analyze courses to improve their effectiveness and instructional techniques as well as provides recommendations for course design and delivery
- Create course maps, pathway maps, and supporting storyboards for design of designated course or learning program
- Determine course levels, depth and breadth of content, and the best sequence for content delivery
- Schedule and provide in-progress reviews for designated courses as requested by the government
- Attend pilot course as an evaluator, conduct the course after action review, and write a post pilot course report
- Assist in the writing and development of course instruction plans and assessment instruments
- Assist in the design of the course assessment plan, course syllabus, and other documentation as required
- Provide an official record of course documentation for inclusion in the course documentation library, assist in the updating of course documentation library, and review course documentation for completeness and accuracy
- Develop and recommend performance measures to assess instructional effectiveness in achieving course goals
- Monitor, train, and mentor new/junior designers
- MA/MS (degree must be from a regionally accredited U.S. college/university or internationally recognized college/university) required with demonstrated study relating to the following subjects: learning theory, instructional design practices, educational evaluation, and instructional product development; OR3 years’ experience in DoD military education and training as an instructor, instructional designer, or related administration/leadership role.
- 4 years’ instructional design or related experience.
- 4 years’ experience operating personal computers and various software packages: Captivate, Storyline, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- 4 years’ experience providing subject matter expertise for incorporating the Instructional Systems Design (ISD) model with in-residence and distance learning courses.
Work Location: JSOU Campus, MacDill AFB, FL
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- 11 Federal Holidays
Schedule: 0800-1700 Mon-Fri adjusted hours as needed.
- Travel is minimally required and may be to various CONUS and OCONUS locations. The ISD shall travel as initiated by written tasking. Travel is not expected to exceed more than 15%.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.