MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Position title: ATO System Steward
Core Hours: 8a-4p ET
As an ATO System Steward on our team, you’ll use your experience to work with the Veterans Affairs (VA) to discover and mitigate their cybersecurity risks, understand and apply policies to address requests for information on cyber best practices, conduct risk assessments for specialized devices, support ATO activities for RMF steps 0-6, and provide information system security expertise to ensure the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for information systems. You will perform very detail-oriented system documentation and updates and collaborate closely with system owners and ISSOs to execute ATO support duties. You’ll work with your client to translate security concepts into actionable implementable solution recommendations to help the client make informed security decisions. This is your opportunity to act as an information security subject matter expert while broadening your skills in cybersecurity. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
- Experience with managing complex system records in the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) tool
- Experience with supporting system Authority to Operate (ATO) processes and creating artifacts, control implementation details, and POAMs
- Experience with Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM), RMF automation, and Comply to Connect
- Experience with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) security controls, the Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance (GRC) security documentation tool, Risk Management Framework (RMF), and security compliance processes
- Experience with Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and Federal Information System Controls Audit Manual (FISCAM) criteria
- Ability to facilitate meetings, analyze authorization documents and associated artifacts against authorization requirements to identify gaps, establish a schedule to address outstanding authorization requirements, and coordinate directly with system team stakeholders
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust or Suitability/Fitness determination based on client requirements
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or technical equivalent and 5 years of relevant experience or a total of 15 years in lieu of education
Nice to Have:
- Experience with the VA
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.