MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Job title: Asset Deployment Technician
As an Asset Deployment Technician on our project, you’ll work as a team member supporting the VA with a large PC deployment. In this role you, will be deploying, imaging and setting up equipment (PCs, Laptops, Docking Stations, Monitors, Printers and Scanners) around the VA medical center campus. This role combines strong technical skills with an emphasis on delivering a high level of customer service. You will be responsible for removing old equipment and installing new equipment with limited supervision.
This position is located onsite at Veterans’ Administration Medical Centers with daytime hours, occasional evening hours and the potential for weekend hours.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in imaging and installing computer equipment
- Must be able to unpack, move, and install IT equipment weighing up to 25 pounds with no restrictions. Will need to frequently traverse around the site campus transporting equipment to various office buildings and frequently stoop, crouch and reach to setup/remove computers/pull cords under desks and in server closets
- Experience with hardware and software support, troubleshooting, system imaging, hardware break-fix support (i.e. laptops, desktops, and printers), refresh, upgrade and deployment projects as well as excellent customer service skills
- Experience with conducting routine system administration tasks and logging data in system admin logs
- Experience with maintaining troubleshooting a wide variety of systems and networks, including high availability systems
- Knowledge of debugging protocols and processes
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Experience with the ServiceNow ticketing system a plus
- Experience with the VA
- Public Trust clearance
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.